SSRS / SQL Developer
Company: Vertice Technologies was founded in 2008 to deliver a different approach to solutions and services for the private equity and alternative asset management industry. Vertice’s flagship product, AltaReturn®, is a suite of private equity technology solutions covering fund and management company accounting, CRM, investor communications, portfolio monitoring and business intelligence. These solutions are developed on the Microsoft foundation and available as an integrated suite or as independently subscribed applications.
Our client base includes over 100 private equity and alternative investment firms spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Our team is headquartered in Miami with offices in New York, London, Boston, Washington DC, Brazil, and Kyiv.
- Develop, test, implement and maintain SSRS reports.
- Write and optimize queries to feed reports including calls to CLR (common language runtime) performance engine calculations.
- Maintenance and support of existing reports and implementation of enhancements.
- Create and maintenance of customized fields for reporting.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in Business Intelligence / Report Development.
- Experience with SQL 2012 or later and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database design and programming.
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse star schema design and structure.
- In-depth SQL querying skills with experience optimizing the speed of queries.
- Eye for detail in report design including color and structure elements.
- Dedication to complete application development life-cycle including requirements gathering, analysis, and design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Self-motivated, able to work within a project-based environment.
- Detail oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated a history of functioning independently while working well in a team-oriented environment, taking the initiative to be productive and efficient.
- Ability to effectively communicate with users of diverse backgrounds and skill levels—from the novice user to the expert programmer.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-moving and constantly changing environment.
- Background in finance, economics, statistics or mathematics a plus.