SSRS / SQL Developer
Company: Vertice Technologies was founded in 2008 to deliver a different approach to solutions and services for the private equity and alternative asset management industry. Vertice’s flagship product, AltaReturn®, is a suite of private equity technology solutions covering fund and management company accounting, CRM, investor communications, portfolio monitoring and business intelligence. These solutions are developed on the Microsoft foundation and available as an integrated suite or as independently subscribed applications.
Our client base includes over 100 private equity and alternative investment firms spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Our team is headquartered in Miami with offices in New York, London, Boston, Washington DC, Brazil, and Kyiv.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – SSRS / SQL ROLE
Professional performance reporting and financial statement generation for our clients’ diverse investments requires an intelligent detail oriented individual. Vertice has an excellent opportunity for a full time SSRS / SQL Developer. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and deploying solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence stack. If you are looking for a fast paced and growing company that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be the next step in the advancement of your career.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as part of the AltaReturn BI team to develop, test, implement and maintain SSRS reports based on client requirements.
- Design and develop SQL Server stored procedures, functions and views be used and to feed SSRS reports.
- Troubleshoot data issues and performance tuning of SQL queries
- Maintenance and support of existing reports and implementation of enhancements.
- Create and maintenance of customized fields for reporting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Three or more years of experience in Business Intelligence / Report Development.
- Experience with SQL 2012 or later and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience with Power BI a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database design and programming.
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse star schema design and structure.
- In depth SQL querying skills with experience optimizing speed of queries.
- Clear understanding of Microsoft’s SQL Stack with SQL Server: Reporting Services, Analysis Services, C# in database Assembly integration, SharePoint integration, and SQL Agent Jobs.
- Eye for detail in report design including color and structure elements.
- Dedication to complete application development life-cycle including requirements gathering, analysis and design, coding, testing and deployment.
- General knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics CRM and/or Dynamics NAV a plus.
- Self-motivated, able to work within a project-based environment.
- Detail oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated history of functioning independently while working well in a “team oriented” environment, taking the initiative to be productive and efficient.
- Ability to effectively communicate with users of diverse backgrounds and skill levels—from the novice user to the expert programmer.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-moving and constantly changing environment.
- Background in finance, economics, statistics or mathematics a plus.