Senior SQL Server Database Administrator
Company: Vertice Technologies was founded in 2008 to deliver a different approach to solutions and services for the private equity and alternative asset management industry. Vertice’s flagship product, AltaReturn®, is a suite of private equity technology solutions covering fund and management company accounting, CRM, investor communications, portfolio monitoring and business intelligence. These solutions are developed on the Microsoft foundation and available as an integrated suite or as independently subscribed applications.
Our client base includes over 100 private equity and alternative investment firms spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Our team is headquartered in Miami with offices in New York, London, Boston, Washington DC, Brazil, and Kiev.
We are looking for a Senior Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator team member for our Cloud Operations team. This person should be an advanced MS SQL DBA. We are focused on Microsoft cloud technologies and related business software. Our goal is to find someone to perform the DBA function for the Kyiv, Ukraine office and serve as back-up to the DBA at the Miami location.
- 5-7 years’ experience in MS SQL Server Database Administrator and held a Senior DBA position
- Expert knowledge of functions associated with the implementation and maintenance of SQL Server 2012 and greater including security, back-up/restoration, logging, reporting and recovery procedures
- Installation and Configuration of multiple instances and versions and components of SQL server, including SQL reporting services, notification services, and analysis services
- Database instance deployments; backup and recovery best practices; production monitoring; etc.
- Support of business and system processes and procedures
- Strong knowledge of DR and HA solutions
- Solid knowledge of system security and best practice
- Experience with Windows Server platforms in relation to SQL installations and upgrades
- Creation of technical documentation
- Strong database design and schema refactoring experience
- Development experience and knowledge of scripting languages including T-SQL, VB Script and PowerShell
- Creation and maintenance of T-SQL stored procedures
- Proven expertise in query optimizing and dramatically improving database performance
- Self-motivated, able to work within a project-based environment
- Detail oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-moving and constantly changing environment
- Intermediate English (both written and oral)
As a plus
- 1+ years of experience in international or foreign company
- Microsoft SQL Server Certification
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure
- MS CRM
- Office O365 administration