IT Infrastructure Engineer
Company: Vertice Technologies was founded in 2008 to deliver a different approach to solutions and services for the private equity and alternative asset management industry. Vertice’s flagship product, AltaReturn®, is a suite of private equity technology solutions covering fund and management company accounting, CRM, investor communications, portfolio monitoring and business intelligence. These solutions are developed on the Microsoft foundation and available as an integrated suite or as independently subscribed applications.
Our client base includes over 100 private equity and alternative investment firms spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Our team is headquartered in Miami with offices in New York, London, Boston, Washington DC, Brazil, and Kiev.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer position manages, maintains, and monitors computer systems, software, and networks for a production Microsoft Azure Cloud environment. This position also provides customer support and participates in client deployments. All candidates must have at least 5-7 years of experience as a system engineer, who has performed management and monitoring of systems.
We are looking for an individual with the ability to troubleshoot application issues (investigating logs, analyzing errors and finding solutions) and that is driven to improve our IT solutions. Experience with Microsoft Azure, SharePoint 2010+, SQL Administration, and experience with other hosted cloud environments is a plus.
- Operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks
- Maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure; includes monitoring the operating environments
- Provide infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth
- Administration of multiple systems including Microsoft Windows, SharePoint, SQL, IIS, and Remote Desktop Services
- Identifies ways tasks can be automated and develops scripted solutions.
- Provides Level 2 production support.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions.
- Ensures documentation is developed and maintained.
- Assist clients in software installation and network administration such as connectivity issues, software configuration, performance and access permissions etc.
- Performing high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures
- Coordinates problem resolution among a variety of functional areas and provides subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problems
- Participates in short and long-term planning efforts with stakeholders and IT groups
- Experience maintaining highly available production networks
- Experience on disaster recovery process and procedures
- Experience on administering of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, GPO, IIS, DNS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong customer service orientation to ensure that all service requests and incidents are resolved in timely manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to work collaboratively with clients and other technical colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and capable of managing responsibilities independently
- Commitment to on-schedule task completions and to producing high quality work products
- Be a part of the 24×7 emergency on-call and work nights and weekends during maintenance periods and service outages
- System administration, developing standards, LAN/WAN knowledge, multi-tasking, networking knowledge, network maintenance, network performance tuning
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent in a related field
- Certifications: MCSE or MCSA in Windows Server 2012+
- 8+ years of experience in relevant field and capable of managing responsibilities independently