Company: Vertice Technologies was founded in 2008 to deliver a different approach to solutions and services for the private equity and alternative asset management industry. Vertice’s flagship product, AltaReturn®, is a suite of private equity technology solutions covering fund and management company accounting, CRM, investor communications, portfolio monitoring and business intelligence. These solutions are developed on the Microsoft foundation and available as an integrated suite or as independently subscribed applications.
Our client base includes over 100 private equity and alternative investment firms spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Our team is headquartered in Miami with offices in New York, London, Boston, Washington DC, Brazil, and Kiev.
Work as part of the AltaReturn Business Intelligence team to implement ETL solutions for clients leveraging the Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence stack. This candidate will assist on a wide range of analytics, business intelligence, and data warehouse initiatives designed to support data driven business strategies. The candidate is expected to design, and develop ETL and database solutions, as well as maintain and support the production jobs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as part of the AltaReturn BI team to design, build, and deploy effective SSIS packages to perform the ETL process.
- Design and develop SQL Server stored procedures, functions, views, and triggers to be used during the ETL process.
- Design and develop ETL solutions using data integration tools for interfacing between source application and the data warehouse.
- Identify and test for bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL solution.
- Perform problem assessment, resolution and documentation in existing ETL packages, mapping and workflows in production
- Troubleshoot data issues and defects to determine root cause.
- Performance tuning of the ETL process and SQL queries, and recommend and implement ETL and query tuning techniques.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions using Microsoft SSIS.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with high volume databases and data warehouses.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Experience with Varigence BimlStudio a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban).
- Effective decision making and critical thinking skills for problem identification and solution recommendation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Full professional proficiency in written/spoken English.
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude, detail oriented, and highly organized.
- Experience with finance or private equity preferred.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
English (reading, writing, verbal)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.