Company: Vertice Technologies was founded in 2008 to deliver a different approach to solutions and services for the private equity and alternative asset management industry. Vertice’s flagship product, AltaReturn®, is a suite of private equity technology solutions covering fund and management company accounting, CRM, investor communications, portfolio monitoring and business intelligence. These solutions are developed on the Microsoft foundation and available as an integrated suite or as independently subscribed applications.
Our client base includes over 100 private equity and alternative investment firms spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Our team is headquartered in Miami with offices in New York, London, Boston, Washington DC, Brazil, and Kyiv.
The Business Analyst position requires an articulate, technically-minded individual with good business acumen, and excellent interpersonal skills. Candidate will have extensive exposure to the Sales and Software Development Lifecycle; and will be part of the project management process. Candidate must be able to document demo scripts and software changes in a clear and presentable fashion, that meets the end user’s needs.
- Review and analyze existing business processes and application systems in order to develop strategies for improvement.
- Collaborate with stakeholder and end users to define detailed business, financial, and operational requirements.
- Utilize excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Create systems models, specifications, and diagrams to provide direction to application developers.
- Support Development and Sales teams to ensure the success of the software solution.
- Work iteratively with stakeholders to validate/refine requirements, define acceptance tests, and validate results.
- Manage the backlog to ensure a successful release that delivers to expectation.
Experience, Education, & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Knowledge of requirements gathering techniques, creation of technical specifications, process mapping, system testing and deployment is preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical: Undertakes complex tasks and breaks them down into manageable parts in a systematic way, thinking of possible alternative solutions for a given situation.
- Team Work: Objectively and opennely listens to others’ views. Contributes to building positive teamwork. Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and informatively. Listens and gets clarification as needed. Responds well to questions and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing tasks and changes approach to best fit the situation.
- Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.