SSRS / SQL Developer
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – SSRS / SQL ROLE
Professional performance reporting and financial statement generation for our clients’ diverse investments requires an intelligent detail oriented individual. Vertice has an excellent opportunity for a full time SSRS / SQL Developer. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and deploying solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence stack. If you are looking for a fast paced and growing company that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be the next step in the advancement of your career.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as part of the AltaReturn BI team to develop, test, implement and maintain SSRS reports based on client requirements.
- Design and develop SQL Server stored procedures, functions and views be used and to feed SSRS reports.
- Troubleshoot data issues and performance tuning of SQL queries
- Maintenance and support of existing reports and implementation of enhancements.
- Create and maintenance of customized fields for reporting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Three or more years of experience in Business Intelligence / Report Development.
- Experience with SQL 2012 or later and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience with Power BI a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database design and programming.
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse star schema design and structure.
- In depth SQL querying skills with experience optimizing speed of queries.
- Clear understanding of Microsoft’s SQL Stack with SQL Server: Reporting Services, Analysis Services, C# in database Assembly integration, SharePoint integration, and SQL Agent Jobs.
- Eye for detail in report design including color and structure elements.
- Dedication to complete application development life-cycle including requirements gathering, analysis and design, coding, testing and deployment.
- General knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics CRM and/or Dynamics NAV a plus.
- Self-motivated, able to work within a project-based environment.
- Detail oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated history of functioning independently while working well in a “team oriented” environment, taking the initiative to be productive and efficient.
- Ability to effectively communicate with users of diverse backgrounds and skill levels—from the novice user to the expert programmer.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-moving and constantly changing environment.
- Background in finance, economics, statistics or mathematics a plus.
Please complete the form below.