Position Description: Vertice Technologies was founded in 2008 to deliver a different approach to solutions and services for the private equity and alternative asset management industry. Vertice’s flagship product, AltaReturn®, is a suite of private equity technology solutions covering fund and management company accounting, CRM, investor communications, portfolio monitoring and business intelligence. These solutions are developed on the Microsoft foundation and available as an integrated suite or as independently subscribed applications.
Our client base includes over 100 private equity and alternative investment firms spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Our team is headquartered in Miami with offices in New York, London, Boston, Washington DC, Brazil, and Kiev.
- Work as part of the AltaReturn consulting team to implement the AltaReturn Fund Accounting and Corporate Accounting solutions for new clients as well as support enhancements and upgrades to existing clients.
- Gather client requirements for accounting, reporting and other key processes and work with internal teams to implement the client’s needs according to the AltaReturn implementation methodology.
- Assist with the development of a project plan for each implementation. Track the progress of the implementation according to the project plan, and provide status updates to the Project Manager on a weekly basis.
- Configure the AltaReturn system according the agreed-upon design documentation, and work with the client and database administration team to migrate client historical data into the system.
- Conduct testing of application and custom enhancements prior to client deployment, work with clients to facilitate user acceptance testing and production rollout.
- Work independently in a supervised team environment.
- Travel requirement of 20-25%.
- Required: Strong, fundamental understanding of Partnership Accounting
- Minimum 2-3 years of partnership and/or tax accounting experience at a Fund, Fund Administrator, Big Four or other top accounting firm.
- Experienced in Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, or comparable Limited Partner Allocation Software a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, management information systems, business administration or related field.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Strong technology and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and as part of a client service team.