Business Intelligence – Quality Assurance
Company: Vertice Technologies was founded in 2008 to deliver a different approach to solutions and services for the private equity and alternative asset management industry. Vertice’s flagship product, AltaReturn®, is a suite of private equity technology solutions covering fund and management company accounting, CRM, investor communications, portfolio monitoring and business intelligence. These solutions are developed on the Microsoft foundation and available as an integrated suite or as independently subscribed applications.
Our client base includes over 100 private equity and alternative investment firms spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Our team is headquartered in Miami with offices in New York, London, Boston, Washington DC, Brazil, and Kyiv.
AltaReturn delivers next generation software solutions for the alternative investment industry. Professional performance reporting and financial statement generation for our diverse investments requires an intelligent detail oriented individual. Engineered on familiar Microsoft platforms, AltaReturn is designed as an end-to-end solution to help the alternative investment industry achieve unprecedented levels of efficiency and effectiveness. AltaReturn has an excellent opportunity for a full time Business Intelligence Quality Assurance Engineer.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Review SSRS reports prior to deployment and delivery to ensure they have met requirements.
- Participate in Requirements review to ensure the resulting reports have been adequately described to ensure testable quality.
- Train others in generating testable requirements and determining if the created meet those requirements.
- Create test sets and automated testing processes for determining if Standard Business Intelligence Product perform as planned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Eye for detail in report design including color and structure elements.
- Three or more years of experience in Business Intelligence / Quality Assurance.
- Experience with SQL 2012 or later, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Knowledge and understanding of SSRS Reporting output.
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse star schema design and structure.
- Exposure to fund accounting and corporate accounting preferred.
- General knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics CRM and/or Dynamics NAV a plus.
- Self-motivated, able to work within a project-based environment.
- Detail oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated history of functioning independently while working well in a “team oriented” environment, taking the initiative to be productive and efficient.
- Ability to effectively communicate with users of diverse backgrounds and skill levels-from the novice user to the expert programmer.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-moving and constantly changing environment.
- Background in finance, economics, statistics or mathematics a plus.